Rules and Regulations
- ATTENDANCE AND PUNCTUALITY
- Attendance in school is compulsory. Absence from school must be supported by a medical certificate. Excuse from school may be granted on compassionate grounds and on a case-by-case basis. All medical certificates or letters of excuse must be submitted to the Form Teacher immediately when the student returns to school. Absence without valid reason will be deemed as truancy.
- Parents need to apply for leave of absence for their child from the Vice-Principal to leave or absent themselves from school for urgent private matters. Permission to leave school early may be granted for special cases. The Form Teacher must be informed by the student and permission must be obtained from the Principal or Vice-Principal. His/Her parent/ guardian will be contacted and his/her name will be entered in the Early Dismissal book in the General Office. Students may leave for overseas travel only during school-announced or official holidays.
- Students must be punctual for school, CCA and all school events. Students who are late for school i.e. after morning assembly are subjected to late-coming procedures which include a report slip before they are allowed back to class.
- Students are expected to be in school by 7.30 a.m. All Form Teachers will then mark attendance.
- All students must sing the School Song with pride and respect.
- During morning reflection, students are to listen carefully and to record down learning points in the handbook.
- Classes are to proceed to the School Hall in a quiet and orderly manner and be seated quickly.
- A respectful silence and orderliness must be maintained during all assemblies.
- Students must not absent themselves and must be punctual.
- Class attendance will be taken. Absence without a valid reason will be considered as truancy.
MAINTAIN A CONDUCIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR TEACHING & LEARNING
- Do leave the areas in school in a better condition and state of cleanliness after use.
- Take good care of school properties and premises. Cost of replacement for vandalized items will be borne by student(s) responsible for the damage.
- Maintain highest standards of cleanliness at all times on the school premises. Cleanliness includes the maintenance of the immediate surrounding areas.
- Food and all sweet drinks are to be consumed only in the canteen. All cutleries and trays must be returned to designated receptacles and litter disposed into the rubbish bins.
- Mobile phones can only be switched on in the canteen during recess or after school.
- Keep the classroom clean and neat at all times.
- Consumption of food and sweet drinks are strictly not allowed in the classroom.
- Show consideration to others by keeping the noise level low.
- Update the class notice boards regularly.
- Use of all forms of electronic gadgets is prohibited unless they are required for lessons, e.g. calculators for Maths and Electronic Dictionaries.
- Students are not allowed to go to the lockers during the change of periods. All necessary materials must be taken from the lockers before assembly or during break-times.